You may have read our popular post on creating effective Facebook Welcome Tabs. Another important tab to consider adding to your Facebook Page is a Facebook Capture Page – either a Sign-Up Tab or Contact Form Tab. These tabs invite your Facebook Page visitors to type in their names, e-mail addresses, and other valuable information. The point of these tabs is to help you capture worthwhile visitor information that you can use for future marketing efforts.
Facebook Capture Page: Different Types
1. Sign Up Tab – This tab simply invites your visitors to sign up for whatever you’d like them to, whether it be a membership, e-mail updates, the ability to view special content on your Page, etc. The common setup asks visitors to enter their name and e-mail address. Obviously, you can set up your tab to inquire about whatever visitor information you feel will be helpful to your business.
- Fan-gating – We talked a bit about Fan-gating in our Welcome Tab post, item #3. Fan-gating is when Facebook Page admins make particular content unavailable to visitors unless they click the Page’s “Like” button. You can make your Sign Up Tab fan-gated so that visitors have to Like your page before they can sign up.
Design and implement Sign Up Tabs with websites like North Social. Here is a sample tab by them:
2. Contact Form Tab – Contact Form Tabs allow your Facebook Page visitors to get in touch with your business. Visitors often enter their name, e-mail address, phone number, and a message on this type of tab.
- Fan-gating is also an option for Contact Form Tabs.
Design and implement Contact Form Tabs with websites like Pagemodo. Here is a sample tab by them:
3. Salesforce Web-to-Lead – If you are a Salesforce.com customer, you can embed a Web-to-Lead form, with field validation, in a Facebook Page tab:
If you have a Web hosting account with an SSL certificate and you are comfortable uploading files to your Web host and editing those files, you can request free instructions for how to set up a Salesforce Web-to-Lead form with validation from here.
If you’d rather not mess around with files on a Web host or if you don’t have an SSL certificate, you can have iframe Ninjas host a Salesforce Web to Lead form for you for a monthly fee.
Facebook Capture Page: Final Thoughts
The visitor information that you capture through these tabs will help you to segment your fan base and target the right people with the e-mail content and other marketing messages that are most relevant to them. The tabs provide a simple, quick way for visitors to develop a relationship with your business.