Social media marketers realize that videos are an important part of an overall strategy for driving traffic. Viddy is a year-old video-sharing website and free mobile app that marketers can use to capture their audiences. With celebrity members such as Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Cosby, Viddy is gaining popularity, now captivating 26 million users and gaining thousands more each day.
The Viddy app — currently available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch — allows users to upload 15-second videos, or “viddys.” This a great tool for marketers because it allows brands to grab a viewer’s attention and keep it for the length of the video.
What also makes Viddy different from other video-sharing sites is that users can easily add visual filters and music to their videos. It’s even been referred to as the “Instagram for videos.” Here is an example video showcasing both effects.
Once a viddy has been created, a user can upload it to their account on Viddy.com. With its easy-to-navigate, Pinterest-like interface, Viddy.com allows users to follow one other. Users have a personal feed of videos by people they are following. Another feed called “Hot” is available to all users and reveals the “Newest,” “Popular,” and “Trending” videos on Viddy at that moment. Viddy is also great for marketing because viddys are instantly shareable through e-mail and text, as well as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr. Users can also “Favorite” viddys, geotag them, and comment on them. Marketers can also copy an embed code to place a viddy on their company website or blog.
Viddy for Business
Here are some tips to get your brand seen on Viddy:
• Give viewers insider access. Make viewers feel unique by showing them behind the scenes of your brand. What is “everyday life” like for people working for your business? Give viewers a new story.
• Show action. Can you show viewers a special feat, trick, or athletic achievement? Can any of your partners or sponsors? Viddy is a great way to exhibit a spectacle.
• Make it relevant. Remember that Viddy’s audience is on the younger side, so use viddys to reveal the youthful side of your brand.
• Use Testimonials. Have people talk to the camera. They are bound to say something entertaining.
• Teaser clips. Generate momentum for a product release or other exciting event with several promotional viddys.
You can also embed viddys in your blog. Here’s 15 seconds of iPhone footage that co-founder Steve Chipman took at a venue just a few miles from our HQ that was recently opened by former Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh:
Remember that “image is everything” for your brand. In our fast-paced society, users are looking for short clips of entertaining content, and Viddy is rising in response. Don’t wait for followers; create captivating viddys and spread them across your brand’s social media channels, website, blog, and e-mails.